Saturday, October 13, 2012

October 13 Day 19 Fort Bragg, CA to Gualala, CA (60 miles)

Best of Day:  Easier riding than yesterday!  Coffee shop/bakery in Mendocino.  Lunch in Point Arena!!  


Rode by an Organic Valley Farm!! 




 
Worst of Day:  18% grade hill with hairpin turns (five of the group rode, while the remainder walked!)


 

Quote of Day:  Map meeting tonight, when discussing the 5 cattle crossings tomorrow, it was suggested we could always "jump them if they look too slippery!"

3 comments:

  1. OK, I'd like to comment that in spite of the craziness...(biking 80 miles in a day!...biking up 4000+ feet!...biking in the rain...biking for more than 2 hours at a time....) you are all still smiling! Keep up the good work! I'm living vicariously through you.

    You can read my blog...Day 10 on crutches...best of day - Vicodan-induced nap on the couch...worst of day...the guy who logged my land showed up just as I was getting incredibly comfortable in the tub...no easy feat on crutches!...my thoat is sore from yelling at him to not come in and no I don't need help getting out of the tub and we'll have to discuss the state of my forest another day! Some guys just can't take a hint!

    Like I said I'm living vicariously thorugh all of you! Keep going and keep the pictures coming!

    XOXO
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim probably couldn't publish her quote of the day.......

    ReplyDelete